Zion’s 200th Anniversary in 2015
Sign up today to volunteer for one of the committees to plan for the 200th Anniversary of Zion in 2015. EVERYONE is welcome to sign up. We are also looking for folks from around the community who have specific interests and talents who might enjoy helping as well! Tell your friends and encourage them to sign up as well. Sign up in the entry-way of the church or by calling the Parish Office at 304-725-5312.
- Home Coming Celebration
- Civil War Connections to Zion
- Video production
- Hospitality Committee
- Churchyard Committee
- Music Concerts
- Lecture Series
200th Anniversary Celebration Dates
- March 1st Book Publishing Party for Zion’s History Book
- April 18th-19th Ruby Sales, human-rights activist & public theologian at Zion
- April 19th The Rev. Dr. Susan Smith (Preacher & Celebrant)
- April 26th The Rev. Amy Porterfield Turner (Preacher & Celebrant)
- May 2, 2015 Concert “Our Christian Heritage of Music”
- September 13th The Rev. Manning Smith (Preacher & Celebrant)
- September 26th Homecoming Dinner Celebration (at the home of Wanda & Roger Perry)
- September 26-27th Homecoming Weekend at Zion Church
- September 26, 2015 St. George’s Chapel Commemorative Service, The
Rev. John Merchant, Preacher & Celebrant
- September 27, 2015 Homecoming Celebration, 10:30 a.m., The Rt. Rev.
Alan Bartlett, Preacher & Celebrant
- October 4th Presentation of Zion Poem by Sonja James
- October 18, 2015 The Rev. Frank Wade, Preacher & Celebrant
- October 25th The Rev. John Bower (Preacher & Celebrant)
- November 1, 2015 All Saints’ Day, Confirmation & Rededication of
Zion, The Rt. Rev. Michie Klusmeyer, Preacher & Celebrant
- November 1st Rededication of Zion, Bishop’s Visitation & Confirmation
- November 1st Time Capsule
Celebration at St. George’s Chapel 2015
We Need Your Names….
As we prepare for our 200th Anniversary in 2015, one of our goals is to establish a data-base of names, addresses and e-mails so that we can alert parishioners and friends of Zion to the wonderful events we are planning to celebrate.
We are asking each parishioner to give us a list of at least 10 individuals (friends, family, etc.) who would be interested in attending our Homecoming/Lecture Series/Musical Concerts, etc. We are attempting to contact as many folks as possible who have a connection with our church. Please write down the name, address and (if possible) e-mail address of friends and family members and we’ll incorporate them into our 200th Anniversary data-base. You may e-mail your list to email@example.com or place them in the offertory plate on Sunday Morning.
We Need Your Pictures
Upload your favorite images to Zion for consideration in our photo galleries. Allowed file extensions only “jpg or jpeg”.